Friday, March 5, 2010

Summer Scarves


Some girls love sunglasses and some love purses. Frankly, I love both, but when it comes to an accessory that I simply can't live without my thoughts instantly turn to scarves.
I have always loved the fall/winter season because it meant I could wear scarves every day to make a seemingly bland outfit more interesting. I would take a plain white t-shirt with jeans (bland) and instantly jazz it up with a colorful scarf. In fact, anyone who knows me will probably tell you that I will try to incorporate a scarf into every outfit that I wear, sometimes unsuccessfully of course. Like the time I thought it would be a good idea to wear a winter scarf to an outdoor football tailgate party that, in my defense was in October, but was also about 30 degrees too hot for a scarf. Result: I looked ridiculous. Solution: Summer scarves.

I love the plethora of new summer scarf designs that I'm already seeing as I do my morning stroll down Michigan Avenue on my way to work. (Yeah, I know it's pretty cool that my daily commute includes strolling along the entire stretch of Michigan Ave. It's great for fashion inspiration...bad for the budget though). The bright colors and playful designs remind me that warm weather is on the way a.k.a I better start stocking up on my go-to accessory before all the good styles sell out. I thought I'd pick a few of my favorites to share with you here:

Antik Batik - Venus Scarf : $185
Diane von Furstenberg - Pleated Petal Scarf : $145
Tolani - Scarf in Sea : $57
BCBG Maxazria - Twill Cotton Scarf : $48 (Good basic that comes in some fun colors)
Anthropologie: Shadowed Vine Scarf : $28
Gap - Colorblock Striped Scarf : $17.99 (On sale)
Forever 21 - Cotton Mesh Scarf : $5.50




No comments: