Friday, March 26, 2010

Savor the Flavor



This week I traveled to Savor the Flavor, a little restaurant gem that I have been dying to try ever since I happened by it. The concept behind the establishment in brilliant...grilled cheese, ice cream and coffee. What else could anyone really need?

Now usually when I get myself all psyched up to try a new restaurant I tend to leave a little disappointed, or at least realizing it was not what I had expected it to be. To my pleasure, Savor the Flavor was exactly what I expected!

It had a very relaxed/comfortable, hole-in-the-wall type of feel that worked well with all the mis-matched, worn-in furniture strewn throughout the place. Of course it didn't hurt the vibe they gave off by having Nora Jones playing the background.

The restaurants walls were covered with purchasable art and from local artists, which is a great concept in my opinion. I personally LOVED the one in the white frame on the left side in the picture above. If it hadn't been $250 I might have ran away with it.

Oh, and did I mention that they had a whole collection of well-loved board games to play while waiting for your food?
Yummy grilled cheese. I had mine made with cheddar and swiss with tomato on wheat bread. Savor the Flavor lets you create your own grilled cheese by choosing from a variety of breads, cheeses and toppings to customize your sandwich to your liking.

Ice cream. One of my all-time favorite treats. I had the Moosetracks. I would have taken a picture of it for you but unfortunately for me, i was quicker at eating the ice cream than my hands were with the camera...oh well. :)

4 comments:

Espa said...

Grilled cheese is amazing... I'll have to try this place out!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful find.

Ashley said...

I love grilled cheese... so does my roommate. Let's go!

Alex Gorbokon said...

Love the write up of this place, makes me want to try it!