Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New England Clam Chowder

I was thrilled when I received the cookbook The Lobster Roll as a gift from my parents. Ever since my trip to Newport, RI this past winter for my brother's wedding, I've become obsessed with the trademark dishes that have been perfected by the east coast. The Lobster Roll authors Jodi Della Femina and Andrea Terry of the Hamptons restaurant Lunch compiled the cookbook which contains recipes for the namesake dish and "regional recipes from chowders and salads to sandwiches and burgers to delights like buttermilk-lavender fried chicken, strawberry-rhubarb pie and berry-citrus iced tea."

For my first cooking attempt, I decided to make The Lobster Roll's recipe for New England Clam Chowder since it's still quite chilly here in the Midwest. The result was a creamy, hearty soup that I will be sure to make again and again, only next time I may use more clams. :)

Don't mind my thumb that snuck its way into the picture :)

The result - served with crusty, garlic infused bread

No comments: