Thursday, March 3, 2011

Game Night

As much fun as it is to go out on a Friday night and let loose from the work week, I do enjoy a good weekend evening game night from ever so often. Sometimes after a long week it can be tough to motivate myself to head out (especially during the cold winter months) and I find I'd much rather stay in wearing comfy pants with a bottle of wine, good friends and a good game. I feel that a lot of time the best conversations and memories fall out of nights like those where everyone is just around to enjoy each others company.

Lately, I've become a big fan of Scrabble, although I'm not as great at it as I like to think I am, and card games. Spades is a new favorite card game of mine, but I also enjoy the classic hearts since it's one of the few I can actually win at. :) I've included rules to these card games since they always seem hard to remember when it actually comes time to play and some of my other favorites as well in case anyone else is interested in starting up the game night trend. Please feel free to comment with any other great games I've left out. :)

1. The Rules of Spades
2. The Rules of Hearts
3. The Rules of A**Hole (naughty name, but great game)
4. The Rules of Rummy 500
5. The Rules of Spoons
6. The Rules of Texas Hold'Em
7. The Rules of Ugly

No comments: