Thursday, September 9, 2010

Little Gifts

Sometimes the things that can make you feel better after a rough day are never what you expect. For instance, today wasn't what I would call one of the best days I've had but I just logged onto my computer knowing that I needed to do another blog post (I'm trying to become more consistent with my posting) but was not feeling very inspired by anything due to my crummy day. To my surprise and enjoyment I had an email from one of my best friends from college that I unfortunately don't get to see very often due not geographically inconvenience. (Side note: I hate the fact that know one told me when I graduated that I wouldn't get to live in a city with all of my friends and/or that I wouldn't have unlimited funds to see the friends that I miss on a daily basis).

But anyway, the message said nothing more than "please watching this" followed by a video link. I wasn't at all surprised why she thought to send it to me once I clicked through and began watching the video. It captured one of our longest-standing inside jokes perfectly. (I won't explain the joke...it would only sound dumb). The point is that the thought behind sending me this cute video is what got to me. Knowing that even though I'm very far from many of my greatest friends they still "get" me and they still care. I hope that everyone reading this has friends that they can feel this way about because honestly sometimes those people are the only ones that can make you smile after a tough day.

For anyone who's interested here is the link to the video I've been referring to. It's very cute and has officially made me want to go out and purchase pink sneakers :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TL3oaHKCko

No comments: