Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rent the Runway

A friend referred me to a site called Rent the Runway a couple of months back and although I usually hate getting referral emails from sites I'll never use, I found this one to be quite intriguing.

Rent the Runway is a consumer purchasing site dedicated to high-end fashion, but rather than purchasing a dress for that next great event, you rent it. According to their website, "Rent the Runway lets you access your dream wardrobe for all of life's special occasions at 90% off retail prices". You simply choose from their bank of dresses/designers to find the dress/accessory that suits your special occasion needs, pick the date of the event,  your size and the zip code you would like your dress shipped to.

I think RTR is a really great concept, especially for someone at my age/income level who's interested in fashion - I have more events/weddings than ever before, and seemingly less and less disposable income. So, if you have a special occasion coming up and are hoping to make a statement in a new dress rather than retreating to your go-to LBD, I highly recommend checking this site out. :)

No comments: