Friday, July 9, 2010

New Beginnings


It’s clearly been awhile since my past post, but in my defense I have had a lot going on recently. For starters, I got a new job which is always a period of adjustment. For this new job I also moved to a city that I’ve never lived in before. It’s been fun/scary trying to navigate my way through working in a new industry and trying not to look like a tourist in my new "home." It’s definitely going to take some getting used to, but I am excited for the prospect of new opportunities. Sometimes it’s hard to remember that I’m only 23 and have my whole life ahead of me. I’m slowly learning not to worry whether every move I make will result in imminent missteps at life.  

In order to make the most of this new life experience, I am planning to do something new each week in order to learn to appreciate as much as I can about my new surroundings. I’ll be documenting all of my to-do’s here for you to follow at your leisure. :)

Also, it’s possible that you will start seeing guest bloggers on Broke by Noon sharing their experiences of living in new cities and learning to “make it” in the grown-up world. If you would like to contribute, please feel free to email me at lindsayfend@gmail.com.

Stay tuned…

No comments: